New Updates from 1st June
The two underlined sections are most suitable for our Year 1 children as they were on Yellow, Blue or Grey books before school closed.
All lessons will be available at 9.30 am.
Set 1, 2 and 3 Speed Sounds lessons will restart.
Set 2 and 3 Speed Sounds lessons will include new words for reading and spelling.
New daily films:
- Read longer words: for children who can read Set 3 sounds and words confidently.
- Read Red Words 1: for children who are reading Red, Green, Purple, Pink and Orange Read Write Inc. Storybooks. Many children are able to read these in Reception.
- Read Red Words 2: for children who are reading Yellow, Blue and Grey Read Write Inc. Storybooks. Many children are able to read these in Y1.
- Read and Hold a Sentence 1: reading and writing practice for children reading Green, Purple, Pink and Orange Read Write Inc. Storybooks. (For children reading and writing with Set 1 sounds confidently and learning Set 2 sounds.)
- Read and Hold a Sentence 2: reading and writing practice for children reading Yellow, Blue and Grey Read Write Inc. Storybooks. (For children reading and writing words with Set 2 sounds confidently and learning Set 3 sounds.)
If you have any questions about RWInc please do not hesitate to email the Year 1 teachers and we will be happy to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important to keep up with the speed sounds daily, as we would have been doing in school. You can then build activities around those sounds- looking for words using those sounds in a book, making up alien words (nonsense words) or playing on phonics play (https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/)
Daily Speed Sound Lessons
RWinc are streaming three, short Speed Sounds lessons for children to watch at home every weekday on their YouTube Channel. Each lesson is 10 minutes long and available for 24
hours. For Year 1 children, we suggest accessing the Set 2 and Set 3 sounds as we had taught all sounds and were reviewing these and working on spelling alternatives.
Set 1 Speed Sounds 9.30am
Set 2 Speed Sounds
10am- speed sounds and word time (green word cards)
Set 3 Speed Sounds
10.30am- speed sounds and word time (green word cards)
Click here for our YouTube Speed Sounds Lessons schedule
From Monday 20th April, RWInc are releasing Storytime with Nick; films of well-loved stories read by Nick Cannon, a trained actor, teacher and trainer and a wonderful storyteller. See him in action here.
A new story will be added to their YouTube channel at 2pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week. They are ideal for Nursery, Reception and KS1 children.
Storytime includes books by Tom Percival, Cressida Cowell, David Melling, Jeanne Willis, Judith Kerr, Oliver Jeffers and David Walliams.
Most films will be available for the period of school closure.